His ways are so amazing that we often loose ourselves in wonder trying to comprehend them. He is the Alpha and the Omega. We mortals can only imagine what it means to be immortal since we are subject to the laws of physics, laws established by God who is immortal. But, imagine we do.
I’ve heard some pretty far out imaginations as I am sure you have, concerning what happens next. Some voices gather followers whom others think are crazy, but most will acknowledge there is more than just this life. We form our philosophies or borrow them from others seeking peace of mind, or flee to strange religions declaring their solutions to avoid the end of life. Only the Creator can grant what we desire.
He has established the paths of heavenly bodies, determined the physical and moral laws of His kingdom and there is no changing His rules. All who have been, or will be given eternal life in Christ Jesus are enabled to obey Him and experience abundant life. The kind of life He would give us is one of truth, not a life misled by false ideas. Truth that will point us in the right direction so we avoid the consequences of disobedience. Life can be wonderful when you follow the rules. Jesus is the shepherd who will lead us into life eternal. He had this to say about all those other voices that claimed to know the way.
7. “So Jesus said to them again, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, they will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly.
11. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.”
“Trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy (blessed) in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” (John H. Sammie 1846-1919)
Tired of consequences? Follow Him and He will give you rest.